Today I will be sharing with you 25 Tips and Tricks on how to be Productive in College! Being a senior in college means you’ve experienced it all. The late night coffee runs, the all-nighters, 10min study crams before a big exam, forgetting an assignment… everything! College Productivity is super important in so many ways. Below are some tips to increase your productivity, motivation, and concentration while in college. So here’s to decreasing procrastination and increasing your grade point average!
This post contains affiliate links to help keep this website running. To learn more about affiliate links, click here.
The Importance of College Productivity.
Staying productive in college is so important in so many different ways. Of course, we all want to graduate with our dream degree and go off to get this fabulous job and live an amazing life. But none of that will be possible unless you stay focused and stay productive.
The Four Areas of Productivity.
There are four main areas where a college student can increase their productivity, note taking, studying, staying organized, and list making. These areas may intertwine, as making a list can help stay organized. There are specific things that you can do or be aware of that will help you maintain an optimal productivity level.
The Productivity Tips & Printable Guide.
Use the following Printable Guide to help you master the art of productivity. Outlined in four sections: Notes, Study, Organize, and Lists – This guide is perfect to hang in a dorm room, stash in a binder, or keep on your desk!
- Print Lecture Slides Before Class
- Use “Fun” Paper
- Write with Colored Pens
- Use an iPad or Tablet
- Use Noteshelf or Notability
- Record Lectures
- Use a Stylus for Handwritten Notes
- Bring Whiteout if you use pens
- Re-write Notes to Help Study
- Copy Notes – make them ‘Prettier’
- Make Colorful Study Guides
- Have Snacks, Water, etc. Ready to go
- Set a Time Goal… study for 15, 30, or 60mins.
- Do not do Anything Until You’ve met Your Goal
- Use Tomato Timer to Help Stay on Track
- Have a Friend Quiz you
- Pack Your Backpack the Night Before
- Plan Your Outfit the Night Before (Make sure to check the weather)
- Have a Planner or Agenda – I recommend Erin Condren
- Use Tabs & Dividers to Organize Notebooks
- Keep your Desk/Work area clean
- Make a Weekly To-Do List
- Create a Study Spot List
- Prioritize Your Tasks High to Low
Tools To Help You Stay Productive.
Here are some of the things that I consider college essentials. Each of these items will help you stay productive in some way.
One of the main tools that you’ll need to stay productive in college is a planner. Specifically, I find that Erin Condren planners are the best for college students. Sign up with my link to get $10 off your first Erin Condren order!
Erin Condren has a variety of planners to choose from. They have the Life Planner, a Deluxe Monthly planner, and even an Academic planner. I personally enjoy using the Life Planner and Deluxe Monthly planner.
Related Post: How To Organize Your Student Planner
Related Post: 15 Things To Put In Your College Planner