Depending on your major and where you call “home” summer can be a great time to excel in your field of study! Summer in the US typically lasts 3 to 3 1/2 months. That’s quite a bit of time!
I personally had a unique situation. My parents moved from my hometown and across the country. So going home for me wasn’t really “home”. Because of this, I had a lot of free time (I didn’t get to hangout with old friends). It was also very important for my major to have internships every summer. One summer I had a full-time internship, a part-time job, and was taking a calculus class! If you’re looking for something to do this summer then look no further. Here are five things you can do to help make surviving summer a little easier!
- Internship near your parents home (free room & board)
- Internship far away (new people & experiences)
- Explore the world, learn more from my Why College Students Should Travel post!
- My Travel Essentials:
- Give back to your community
- Develop lifelong skills
Learn new Skills
- Check out my Spring Break Skills post (you can learn them over the Summer too!)
Take a course or two
- Get ahead in your degree, possibly getting to graduate early!
Do something this summer to better yourself! Use these ideas to get started and survive summer as a college student. Don’t sit around and waste your time away!
What are your summer plans?
My School Supply Essentials