Depending on your major and where you call “home” summer can be a great time to excel in your field of study! Summer in the US typically lasts 3 to 3 1/2 months. That’s quite a bit of time!
I personally had a unique situation. My parents moved from my hometown and across the country. So going home for me wasn’t really “home”. Because of this, I had a lot of free time (I didn’t get to hangout with old friends). It was also very important for my major to have internships every summer. One summer I had a full-time internship, a part-time job, and was taking a calculus class! If you’re looking for something to do this summer then look no further. Here are five things you can do to help make surviving summer a little easier!
- Internship near your parents home (free room & board)
- Internship far away (new people & experiences)
- Explore the world, learn more from my Why College Students Should Travel post!
- My Travel Essentials:
- Give back to your community
- Develop lifelong skills
Learn new Skills
- Check out my Spring Break Skills post (you can learn them over the Summer too!)
Take a course or two
- Get ahead in your degree, possibly getting to graduate early!
Do something this summer to better yourself! Use these ideas to get started and survive summer as a college student. Don’t sit around and waste your time away!
What are your summer plans?
My School Supply Essentials
SC101 - Introduction to Surviving College
Enroll in this 6 day FREE email course that guides you through the basics of surviving college. We'll cover the most common problems that college students regularly face. After completing this course you'll be ready to survive college!